During our current 3rd wave lockdown, the government has ordered most businesses closed except for those deemed essential service. Such as grocery, hardware stores, pharmacies, gas stations, pet supplies, computer & cell phone and garden centre’s. While not surprised, I am relieved to see the last one included. To me and most people who love gardening it is essential to our mental health and well being.
So along those lines here are some of the benefits of gardening.
- Gardening makes you feel better. Studies have shown that when you make time to work in your garden, your stress and anxiety levels decrease and you develop an improved sense of well being.
- Gardening can improve your immune system. We need this now more than ever. The time you spend outside tending your plants, helps you take in more of that great vitamin D. This helps you strengthen your bones and improves your immune system.
- Gardening is a great workout. From mowing your lawn to raking the leaves, and digging and shovelling. Gardening is a great way to get some light to moderate exercise.
- Gardening can help you eat better. Growing your own vegetables are one of the best ways to improve what you eat. As an added bonus by growing your own you can be sure they are pesticide and herbicide free. Organic all the way baby.
- Gardening is very zen like. There is lots of talk about mindfulness lately and gardening certainly helps you focus on the present moment.
I look forward to hearing from you in regard to your mortgage needs.
p.s.s- I should tell you that I am licensed in Nova Scotia, Ontario(M18001555) & in British Columbia(BCFSA #504098).
p.s.s.s You can download my new mortgage app here