The real estate market is not the only thing that’s hot lately. With our 2nd day of an extreme heat warning we are all a little hot around the collar. Even though the warm weather is a welcome relief to the snow and freezing temperatures that we had not too long ago, we do need to take some precautions to make sure that we and those around us are safe.
In that note here are some heat safety tips:
- Drink plenty of cool fluids ( mostly water) regularly throughout the day even when you don’t think that you are thirsty.
- Stay cool by staying out of the direct sun between peak hours of 11-3, keep an eye on the weather forecast.
- Wear light weight light coloured clothing if you must be outside.
- If you must be outside for work, take frequent breaks, apply sunscreen and wear a wide brimmed hat to help offset the sun exposure.
- Be aware of the signs of heat related illnesses like heat stroke, these include dizziness or fainting, nausea, headache, rapid breathing, extreme thirst and changes in behaviour in children like sleepiness.
“When the weather is hot, keep a cool mind.When the weather is cold, keep a warm heart.” Ajahn Brahm
Today I am thankful for a cool basement office, getting out for a walk then a run before it got too hot and the cool disposition of my clients and referral sources in this hot real estate market.
I look forward to hearing from you in regard to your mortgage needs.
p.s.s- I should tell you that I am licensed in Nova Scotia, Ontario(M18001555) & in British Columbia(BCFSA #504098).
p.s.s.s You can download my new mortgage app here