At one time or another everyone has started off a new year with a list of goals and objectives they want to accomplish. The common goals that people have are; to lose weight, quit smoking, get in shape, make more money and get out of debt. They start the new year off with all the right intentions; some take action but not everyone. Most people quit before they succeed. What most people don’t realize is those who do succeed, did not do it on their own.
We have all heard the common expression “No man is an island.” It couldn’t be truer when it comes to achieving goals and getting ahead in life. People who successfully lose weight seek the advice of those who have done it before – from diet books, fitness trainers or support groups.
Sharing your goals with your friends, family or the internet world in general has the following benefits:
1) It makes you accountable to actually following through.
2) It brings you together with other like minded people. When two or more people of like minds come together you will experience what one of my favorite writers, Napoleon Hill, calls the mastermind effect – where the effect is greater than the sum of the parts.
3) You leave yourself open for others to help you reach your target.
4) Your goal becomes bigger and more powerful.
5) Call it what you want, but things just start to happen to help you reach your goal.
This being said, I would like to share with you a few of my main goals. I know with your help anything is possible.
My goals are to be successful both in personal and professional life. I will not settle for one without the other!
- In my professional life, I want to help one person or family a week develop strategies to become debt free. To show companies how to effectively manage their debts to grow their business, and show that personal service and education are more important that the fine print of mortgage contracts.
- In my personal life, I want to give the best care, support, time, attention and love to my wife Gillian, my daughters Ella & Georgia and to my son Beckett, and to appreciate and share every single free moment that I spend with them.
Thank you for listening to my goals. If you know of anyone who needs help reaching their goal of becoming debt free, please pass on my contact information. I will reach my goals by helping others reach theirs – a great way to for everyone to succeed!