Well the underdogs came through big time yesterday. CODA the little picture that could came out on top when it really mattered. Also the Canadian men’s soccer ( football for everyone else) team won to qualify for the world cup later this year. Both monumental wins as it was the first win in the best picture category for a streaming service and the first time in 36 years ( and only the 2nd time at all) that the Canadian men’s team qualified for the world cup.
We all love it when the underdog overcomes overwhelming odds to win. Here are a few examples to jog your memory. When Leicester City over came 5000-1 odds to win the Premier league in 2016. When unseeded Boris Becker wins Wimbledon in 1985. Lastly when unknown John Daly won the US PGA Championship in 1991.
When underdogs win they can teach us a few things:
- Teamwork is important and that no individual person can do it all alone.
- Having the motivation and passion to be the best that you can be.
- It all starts with the belief that you can over come the odds and do it.
- Behind every so called overnight success is a strong work ethic and persistance.
- Lastly the ability to pick yourself up after your have encountered a setback and push through to the end.
Sure it’s exciting watching great teams set records but after a while you want to see someone new win, this is why it is always fun and exciting to root for the little underdog. Your story is not done so there is still plenty of time left for you to come out on top.